Logo solicitation ceremony for "World Philanthropy Forum" launched in Beijing
BEIJING, Nov. 24 (Xinhuanet) -- The launching ceremony of the prize-giving solicitation of logo for the “World Philanthropy Forum” was held in Beijing, Tuesday.
Sponsored by the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries and Tsinghua University, and organized by Xinhuanet and Institute for Philanthropy Tsinghua University, this event aims to expand the global participation in philanthropic affairs and achieve global consensus.
This event is open to charity colleagues and professionals at home and abroad, especially famous universities, advertising companies, design companies, cultural and creative companies and individuals.
Lasting from Nov. 22, 2016 to early Feb in 2017, this activity is divided into three parts: extensive solicitation, initial evaluation and final evaluation of shortlisted works.
The entries will be published and promoted via such channels as Xinhuanet, Xinhua News APP, and Xinhua Charity WeChat Account, and the topic is put up on Xinhua social networking platform for interactive discussion.
The final solicitation program is jointly decided through the voting by Internet users and expert review.
The Winner of this award will receive a prize of 10,000 U.S. dollars (an equivalent of RMB 68,000) and a certificate. The finalists will receive relevant certificates and souvenirs. Internet users participating in the selection using real names and charitable organizations will receive souvenirs bearing the logo of the World Philanthropy Forum and have the opportunity to participate in the “World Philanthropy Forum.”
Contact details for logo solicitation:
Institute for Philanthropy Tsinghua University (IPTU)
Contact : Guo Pan
Email address for submissions : email@example.com
Prize-giving Solicitation Requirements:
1. The LOGO should consist of patterns and characters. The design should be creative, elegant and simple. The characters should reflect the goals of the WPF and should encompass the two major elements of “the world” and “philanthropy”;
2. The LOGO should be easy to identify, and any typeface for both Chinese and English characters is acceptable.
3. The LOGO plan should be submitted together with a brief and concise designing explanation;
4. The LOGO plan should include the source file of vector graphics, the typeface and specific usage plans under different circumstances
5. The LOGO design should be absolutely original, and the person who submits their plan should have legal, complete, full, and exclusive copyright on the plan.
6. The LOGO plan shall not infringe upon the copyright, trademark rights, exclusive rights and other rights of others. Any infringement of the above rights will lead to immediate cancellation of the plan. All legal disputes arising out of this shall be the responsibility of the submitter.
7. LOGO plans should be in the form of electronic document with the title and the author’s name and contact information. The author should submit HD-format layered graphs (either PS or AI is acceptable). Submissions in other formats will be considered invalid. The contest participant shall reserve the original information and original document of the graphs and pictures for verification. The author will be required to provide original documents if his or her submitted plan is shortlisted.
Introduction to the World Philanthropy Forum:
On the first China’s National Philanthropy Day and World Philanthropy Day, the World Philanthropy Forum was launched and organized by the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, Tsinghua University and other organizations. The Forum is committed to promoting international philanthropy practice, academic exchanges, policy advocacy and experience sharing. The Forum, based on the participation spirit of openness and equality, will unite more political, business, social, and academic colleagues, and win the support of social elite and participation of the general public. It has both Chinese characteristic and global feature; the Forum upholds the trustworthy, sustainable development spirit, and gradually forges a multi-faceted, multifunctional and multi-level partnership and a participation and cooperation mechanism; the Forum holds the spirit of patience and confidence, focuses on hot topics and difficult issues concerning human development, shows respect for different patterns and experiences, and achieves consensus; the Forum pays attention to the system integration of disciplines, theories, practices, talents and actions, especially considering the current situation and predicting the future. It forms a new integrated development of social work and charity in terms of respecting the local community and drawing on the experience of the international community.